If you are looking for a way to add personality and style to your living space, then why not considering concluding concrete elements to your residence? While many people are familiar with residential concrete in terms of outside pathways or driveways, concrete has more potential than just the exterior of your home. Not sure? No problem!
Residential concrete has come a long way. No longer is one limited to a standard gray color, or a basic pattern or finish. Today, the colors have more depth and variation making them perfect for a wide array of projects. If you are looking for ways to add some personality to your home, then consider these ideas:
- Countertops – This is actually becoming a popular way to implement the use of residential concrete. Rather than opt for pricier stone countertops, concrete can be used to create one of a kind patterns and designs. You can even add your own elements to the concrete – small pebbles, antique silverware, beads, etc. – to craft a piece that showcases all your favorite things. Then apply a sealant to preserve your style for decades.
- Accents – Choose a few different molds (or make your own) and create custom artwork that compliments your style. A little color pigment can be added to the concrete mix to help it match your space even more.
- Wall treatment – It may sound extreme to use concrete for an interior wall treatment, but properly applied, concrete is great for crafting a backsplash.
- Basement – Basements and concrete flooring are common, but you do not have to stick with boring gray floors with no style whatever. Choose a color or pattern for your basement flooring, and have fun having a concrete floor that shows off what you love.
- Sinks – Crazy as it might sound, with a bit of creativity and research, you will discover that you can make a concrete sink that compliments either the minimalist style as well as the charm of country chic.
- Fireplaces – Let's not forget the standard use of concrete! Concrete is one of the tried and true materials for building a chimney. After all, it last for years, and requires minimal maintenance.
- Furniture – For either outdoor or indoor spaces, a number of homeowners are crafting furniture using concrete and custom molds.
When it comes to residential concrete, many projects are only limited by your imagination. Take some time to brainstorm ways to implement concrete into your home or office – the results might inspire to start a new trend or craft a place that screams your personality.
Bad breath can have a wide range of causes, including dietary choices, dehydration, disease, and poor dental care. Unfortunately, dentists may be the only people in your life who will be honest with you about this issue. Other people usually try to avoid offending you by not mentioning your little problem. So, if you are not sure whatever your breath smells minty fresh or like day-old fish, here are some ways you can find out.
1. Cautious Kisses. If your romantic partner holds his / her nose while giving you a delicious peck on the lips, that's bad news for your relationship-and could be a comment on your lack of dental hygiene. When your date decides to eat garlic and onions at dinner to combat the smell of your breath, this is another warning sign. Of course, once your halitosis progresses to a certain point, you can forget intimacy altogether. Occasionally, this problem could be fatal since even a trained and dedicated EMT may draw the line at giving you mouth to mouth.
2. Your Guests Are Grimacing. When you throw a dinner party, does everyone around you seem to be clenching or grinding their teeth? They do not have TMJ symptoms. They are just trying not to gag on the noxious fumes you are exhaling. In Western cultures, people tend to have a sense of personal space that makes them feel uncomfortable when others approach too closely. In social situations, this comfort zone extends about two to four feet. If your party guests are giving you a much wider berth than that, it's time to surprptitiously pop a Listerine breath strip.
3. Bite Marks on Your Body. Nothing smells worse than roting meat. So, if you have been bitten by a zombie or vampire and become one of the undead, your breath is likely to smell horrific. The fangs will be another clue that something is terribly wrong with your metabolism. Sure, you can get your misshapen teeth covered with dental veneers, but the putrid breath problem will be much more difficult to conceal. So will the antisocial behavior (biting people, not going out during the day, etc).
4. Your Birthday Cake Combusts. If you try to blow out the flames on your birthday cake candles and the resulting explosion burns the house down, you've got some seriously toxic breath. Acid reflux is no joke when it results in a homeowner's insurance claim. So, if your bad breath is accompanied by burning chest pains and belching, it's time to have your doctor check you for GERD (gastroesophageal reflux disease).
5. Your Dental Hygienists Turn Green. Dental professionals are used to coping with patients who have less than pleasant breath. So if your dentist ditches the little paper mask in favor of a gas mask, you know you're in trouble. Fortunately, this is the perfect time to have the cause of your bad breath investigated and fixed. Braces cost a pretty penny, but awful breath can be much costlier in terms of social currency. Any money you spend getting your halitosis under control will be well worth the investment.[Top]
If you're an adult who's had braces, you remember how terrifying it was to realize you might have to walk around with a mouth full of metal. In your mind, it was social suicide. After getting them though, you realized it was not such a big deal, and when they came off, you appreciated that you took the leap. However, there are alternative ways to straighten your teeth these days that might allow you to avoid the dreaded metal braces.
Most people have heard of Invisalign, and these are one particular brand of invisible aligners that you can get. If you only need some minor adjustments to your smile this might be the way to go. You will have to remember to wear them almost all the time though, except when you're eating. While eating you have to remove them, which can be a bit of an inconvenience, but at least you can eat whatever you want unlike with regular braces.
You can also check out lingual braces if you are really looking for a hidden teeth straightening solution. These are braces that actually go on the back of your teeth instead of the front. You have to avoid eating certain foods like you would with regular braces, but at least people can not see them.
Some people also opt to get clear braces to make the appearance of their braces a little less noticeable. These are braces made of clear or white plastic, and is intended to reduce the visual appearance of braces. This may seem like a great idea, but in reality they are still pretty noticeable. At least with braces, you see them and you know what they are. With clear or white braces someone might see them and just think your teeth are really messed up and jagged. This is not the most recommended way to go about straightening your teeth invisibly.
Teeth straightening surgery is also an option, but really this is mostly for extreme cases, and for major reconstructive purposes. This is obviously a riskier solution than non-surgical methods, but it does have the benefit of not having to wear any kind of braces or aligner over a great length of time. This is an option that should only be carefully considered with the advice of your dentist, and is usually left as a last resort. It's almost always best to go with some sort of braces rather than this route.[Top]
For many finding low cost dental implants is somewhat of a holy grail, dental implant insurance is one option available to make the treatment more affordable, but it does not necessarily mean that it is low cost. Here I take a look at different ways that could be used to get low cost dental implants.
Implants are becoming more more popular as a way of replacing missing or broken teeth. An implant is fitted into the jaw bone to replace the root of the tooth, onto which is fixed a new tooth, bridge or denture. From the time the treatment commences to the final restoration can take a number months and the patients will be billed based on the number of implants they have done. As implants are far from cheap anything from $ 800 (Â £ 500) upwards, even more if the procedure requires a bone graft; this type of treatment is not readily accessible to many.
If you're looking for low cost dental implants its important you do some thorough research before committing, so with this in mind what choices do you have
Search the Internet
Take the time to search the internet for the various dentists in your area who offer this type of treatment and compare prices, you will be surprised at how much they differ between one another
Maybe you know someone who has already had this type of treatment and can recommend a good value for money dentist to you
If you are really keen on seeking out low cost dental implants then one method which is gaining in popularity is dental tourism. More and more people are looking outside of their own country and traveling abroad for cheaper treatment. As the cost for implant treatment can quickly build up it maybe that the expense of the travel is more than offset by the savings that can be made. One thing to be aware of though are that return visits could required, costing you more money and time for the return travel
Two options which do not needlessly offer you cheap implants but do make the treatment more affordable are dental insurance and payment plans
Dental implant insurance is a policy you take out to cover this type of treatment, paying an annual / monthly premium you are entitled to either the full or partial coverage of the treatment. Payment plans tend to be offered by the dentist themselves and provide a method of paying for the treatment, spread out over a number of months.
Finding low cost dental implants is never going to be an easy task, but by doing some thorough research, comparing prices between different companies and being willing to travel for the treatment, then you should be able to save yourself some money and still get the treatment you desire.[Top]
With the advances it the cosmetic dentistry industry, teeth whitening procedures have become very popular. More than 80% of all dentists offer them. Studies have shown that people with white teeth are considered to be more attractive and successful.
There are different ways of teeth whitening or bleaching procedures but not all work the same. Prices vary and the results are different as well. First of all you should know that you can only whiten teeth which got stored by age, smoking, food or drink. Gray teeth do not react well to bleaching, so do injured teeth. You also can not bleach crowns, porcelain veneers, braces or fillings.
Before you decide for a cosmetic whitening you should have your teeth professionally cleaned. Also, if you still have metal fillings, have your dentist replace them by tooth colored composite resin or porcelain materials.
The cheapest method is to get one of the many over-the-counter bleaching sets at your local drug store but do not expect too much from them. The concentration of the whitener, hydrogen peroxide, is very low. You have to use it often to see an effect and it's also not easy to apply them perfectly.
If you want a better solution then visit your cosmetic dentist. He can offer you solutions that work very well. Both are equally effective, just that one takes longer and is cheaper and the other one gives you white teeth instantly but for a higher price. Your dentist has access to much stronger whitening products like Brutesmile or Zoom which can not be obtained over-the-counter. The hydrogen peroxide concentration lies between 10% and 30%. The stronger the brighter your teeth. You should consult with your dentist. Stronger is not necessarily better because when your teeth get too white then it may look very unnatural.
Your dentist has two options now. He could make a special tray for you which you use at home. You must wear it for about two hours a day for several days. The tray is custom made for your teeth and contains the bleaching gel. This costs about $ 300 to $ 400.
If you do not want to mess around with it but want an instant solution then your dentist performs a power bleaching in his praxis. This takes about one or two hours and costs up to $ 1000. First your gum gets protected by a gel or other kind of shield. Then he puts the bleaching gel onto your teeth and uses a special strong light, laser or ultraviolet, to increase the effect. When he is finished you are leaving the chair with teeth which are several shades lighter.
If this is still not what you are looking for, then you can go one step further. Porcelain veneers are the latest in cosmetic dentistry. They give you a movie star like smile but one veneer for just one single tooth costs as much as your whole power bleaching procedure. But you get much more from it. Veneers last up to twenty years and can also give you a complete smile makeover.[Top]
Cosmetic dental services do not just work to create beautiful smiles. They are important in correcting conditions that many patients struggle with. These conditions do not just alter the person's appearance but also interfere with normal functions of the mouth. In such cases, patients are not just looking to improve their looks but also correct a problem they are struggling with.
That said, it is important to understand how cosmetic dental surgery is important for you.
Having an incorrect bite occurs when the teeth do not align together. It can also occur when you have missing teeth that you are yet to replace. Sometimes the teeth may not align in balance with the rest of the face. When this occurs, you will suffer from discomforts such as headaches and even neck pain. You may also suffer from pain in other parts of the body. Cosmetic surgery helps to rectify this by offering solutions that treat the undering cause of the incorrect bite. You may have to get veneers for your teeth, braces or crowns fitted. The solutions will ease the discomfort that you may have been suffering from. This shows that cosmetic surgery can do more than just improve your looks.
Strengthens your teeth
The cosmetic dental procedures allow your teeth to be strong and therefore function better. When you have broken teeth, you will not chew properly and this may, therefore, lead to poor digestion. You may also not be able to feed well and you may end up malnourished. The solutions such as crowns, bridges, and veneers protect your existing teeth and at the same time reinforce the weak teeth, allowing them to serve their function well. Replacing the missing teeth also grants you better service from your teeth as the replacements will perform the function of the missing teeth. At the end of the day, you will not have replaced your teeth just to improve your smile but also to enable you to chew better and to give your face the required support.
Improves your appearance
The poor dental formula will alter the shape of your face. Teeth do so much more than just chew food. They help to define the jawline. They prevent sagging and other unattractive changes to your face. Replacing the missing teeth and correcting other issues that interfere with the shape of your face will improve your looks. Some procedures require the reconstruction of the mouth. Sometimes the correction needed is as minor as replacing one missing tooth. You will see the big difference it will make to your face. Cosmetic dental surgery will prevent stuck-out chins and drooping smiles. You will be glad that you went for the procedures.[Top]