With the advances it the cosmetic dentistry industry, teeth whitening procedures have become very popular. More than 80% of all dentists offer them. Studies have shown that people with white teeth are considered to be more attractive and successful.
There are different ways of teeth whitening or bleaching procedures but not all work the same. Prices vary and the results are different as well. First of all you should know that you can only whiten teeth which got stored by age, smoking, food or drink. Gray teeth do not react well to bleaching, so do injured teeth. You also can not bleach crowns, porcelain veneers, braces or fillings.
Before you decide for a cosmetic whitening you should have your teeth professionally cleaned. Also, if you still have metal fillings, have your dentist replace them by tooth colored composite resin or porcelain materials.
The cheapest method is to get one of the many over-the-counter bleaching sets at your local drug store but do not expect too much from them. The concentration of the whitener, hydrogen peroxide, is very low. You have to use it often to see an effect and it's also not easy to apply them perfectly.
If you want a better solution then visit your cosmetic dentist. He can offer you solutions that work very well. Both are equally effective, just that one takes longer and is cheaper and the other one gives you white teeth instantly but for a higher price. Your dentist has access to much stronger whitening products like Brutesmile or Zoom which can not be obtained over-the-counter. The hydrogen peroxide concentration lies between 10% and 30%. The stronger the brighter your teeth. You should consult with your dentist. Stronger is not necessarily better because when your teeth get too white then it may look very unnatural.
Your dentist has two options now. He could make a special tray for you which you use at home. You must wear it for about two hours a day for several days. The tray is custom made for your teeth and contains the bleaching gel. This costs about $ 300 to $ 400.
If you do not want to mess around with it but want an instant solution then your dentist performs a power bleaching in his praxis. This takes about one or two hours and costs up to $ 1000. First your gum gets protected by a gel or other kind of shield. Then he puts the bleaching gel onto your teeth and uses a special strong light, laser or ultraviolet, to increase the effect. When he is finished you are leaving the chair with teeth which are several shades lighter.
If this is still not what you are looking for, then you can go one step further. Porcelain veneers are the latest in cosmetic dentistry. They give you a movie star like smile but one veneer for just one single tooth costs as much as your whole power bleaching procedure. But you get much more from it. Veneers last up to twenty years and can also give you a complete smile makeover.
Do you want to have beautiful and straighter teeth without brackets? If yes, then a consultation with your orthodontist can help you decide if Invisalign treatment is the right one for you. It is important to find a good orthodontic practice where this type of treatment is done with immense care by experienced and qualified Invisalign service providers so that they can achieve greater success.
- Select an Invisalign provider with experience and expertise – Before undergoing any dental treatment, you want to check if the Invisalign provider has good experience and expertise in this field. You obviously do not want to be the first person to get the treatment and as such, you would be willing to talk to past patients who have availed the service of the provider earlier. The experience of the orthodontist is an important factor in giving you pleasing and satisfactory smile.
- Check the qualification of your orthodontist – The orthodontist should have completed proper training and done specialization in correcting teeth, jaw alignment and abnormalities of your facial structure. A dentist who has higher accreditation will not always charge you more but can help in improving your smile and thus, overall appearance. It is important to check the qualification of the Invisalign provider to know if you have chosen the right one for the treatment.
- Know how the orthodontist will perform the treatment – If you are having teeth misalignment, the orthodontist will use fixed braces, clear aligners and other appliances to give proper alignment to the teeth, fill in the gaps in between the teeth and thus, correct malocclusion problems . They work with patients of all age group and mostly children to correct their dental complications that might be the reason why they do not smile in public places.
- Consider the location of the Invisalign provider – Although you will find there are several dentists who provide invisalign treatment, they do not all apply to you. Obviously, the location of the dental practice plays an important role in choosing a dental surgeon who resides near your house or office. Depending on the type of treatment you need to perform or the complexity of the case, you may be required to see your dentist once every 2 to 6 weeks within a period of 6 months.
- Seek for referrals and get necessary feedback – Many people do not spend sufficient time in conducting research about the dental treatment and practiceer when performing any kind of treatment. The good news is that the price for Invisalign is more standard than that for traditional braces. However, the feedback of patients may vary depending on the dental practice they might have visited for their treatment. Make sure you do your homework in order to get the best possible treatment for your dental care.
It is a wise decision to talk to several; Invisalign providers and ask relevant questions about the treatment. Ask them how many cases they have handled in the past and try to read online reviews of the provider you have chosen. A little bit of research work will help you regain your beautiful smile and treasure it for a lifetime.[Top]