Can you confidently smile while facing the camera? Are you happy with the shape or length of your teeth? Welcome to the world of smile makeovers! Cosmetic Dentistry has made it possible for everyone to have a smile that is no less than that of a Hollywood celebrity.
Recent statistics have shown that:
- More than 75% of the people lack the confidence to smile in front of the camera.
- Around 45% judge others by the way they smile.
- Around 80% of the people feel that their bad smiles have affected them psychologically.
Cosmetic Dentistry with the help of smile makeovers will change all that. Let's try and understand the concept of smile makeovers better!
These involve (more than one in most cases) a cosmetic, facial rejuvenation or a dental procedure to improve the look of your smile. People go for smile makeovers for a number of reasons. While some go for them in order to get a pearly white, flawless, celebrity kind of look, others go for them in order to make simple improvements to their looks. Thanks to modern cosmetic dentistry, there are many ways to improve the looks for your smiles.
Here are some simple treatments at a glance:
- Treatment for Crooked Teeth: Crooked teeth can be aligned with the help of conventional orthodontics as well as braces. 'Instant orthodontics' will require your teeth to be covered with porcelain veneers.
- Treatment for Chipped / Broken Teeth: These can mainly be treated with the help of the following 3 procedures:
- Cosmetic Bonding
- Porcelain Veneers
- Porcelain Crowns
The type of treatment depends upon the amount of damage caused to your teeth.
- Replacement of Missing Teeth: A number of functional problems may arise if your teeth start to fall off. Missing teeth can easily replaced with the help of smile makeovers. Some of the solutions include:
- Dental Implants
- Dental Bridges
- Closing Unusual Gaps: Unusual gaps between your teeth can easily be closed in order to give you a more even looking smile. The procedures for closing unusual gaps are not time consuming at all. Some of them are porcelain veneers, general orthodontics (used to close gaps by bringing two consecutively placed teeth together!) And braces.
- Gum Contouring: Gum Contouring is a surgical process and is transported out in order to correct 'gummy smiles'.
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth Whitening is the one of the most popular cosmetic dentistry procedures of all. The procedure is used to correct all kinds of teeth discolouration problems like yellowness and staining.
- The Cost of Smile Makeovers: The cost depends upon a number of factors such as:
- The kind of treatment required.
- The Dentist
- The type and quality of materials used.
A typical smile makeover may cost anywhere from £ 3000 – £ 50,000 (for complete makeovers).